Bem-vindo à Língua Portuguesa!
Welcome to the Portuguese language – and to Portuguese language courses with Euroasia!
Why learn Portuguese?
- New Zealanders are perhaps more likely to focus on Brazil than on Portugal.
- Brazil is the giant of South America, and has a rapidly expanding economy. The country has great mineral wealth, and New Zealand undoubtedly needs to expand its links with this country, which is set to become a player on the world stage as the century progresses.
- Quite a lot of Brazilian students have come to New Zealand, especially high school students, and some families here may have hosted young Brazilians.
- Brazil is an exceptionally diverse country to visit, with attractions ranging from the Amazon rain forests to the famous sights of Rio. Also fascinating is the African-influenced culture of the North-East, while the spectacular Iguazu Falls are a major drawcard.
- The country offers a pretty powerful combination of both the Latin and the tropical! Brazilians therefore tend to be very lively people, and young Kiwis in particular would enjoy the excitement of a stay in Brazil – and not just at Carnival time.
- Some knowledge of Portuguese is the key to getting beneath the surface in Brazil, and also to travelling around effectively. Brazilians will greatly appreciate any efforts you make.
- If you decide to visit Portugal, you will find a delightful country with attractive, lively towns and a countryside with a certain old-world charm rare elsewhere in Europe.
Portuguese 1 Online10 sessionsA first taste of the Portuguese language, this course is for complete beginners. No previous knowledge of the language is required. By the end of this course, you will already know enough to “get by” in Portuguese: you will be able to cope with the most common everyday situations by asking and answering simple questions, and you will be able to understand people when they speak to you about the situations covered.Read moreFrom $401.35
Portuguese 2 Online10 sessionsThis course follows our beginner’s course or assumes previous basic knowledge of the language, (for example, self-introductions, talking about your family, names of foods, shopping, asking for directions, etc.). By the end of this course, you will have expanded the range of situations which you are able to handle in Portuguese and you will have begun to learn some basic grammar points; you can expect to be understanding more of what people say, and growing in your confidence to respond appropriately.Read moreFrom $349.00
Portuguese Advanced Online10 sessionsThis course is online via Google Classroom. This is our highest level Portuguese course. We cover a range of topics using authentic materials. By the end of this course, you will have mastered the basics of the language, both grammar and vocabulary; you will have learnt enough either to go off to a country where Portuguese is spoken and pick it up there, or possibly to embark upon more formal study.Read moreFrom $349.00
Portuguese Advanced10 sessionsThis is our highest level Portuguese course. We cover a range of topics using authentic materials. By the end of this course, you will have mastered the basics of the language, both grammar and vocabulary; you will have learnt enough either to go off to a country where Portuguese is spoken and pick it up there, or possibly to embark upon more formal study.Read moreFrom $399.00
Portuguese Individual Classes15 hoursTeaching on a one-to-one basis means we can provide the kind of teaching you require and at your pace. Individual teaching is available either at our centre or at a location to suit you. Individual teaching can also be done via the internet.Read moreFrom $1,275.00