We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, and a lot of contact with interesting people from a wide range of backgrounds.
Before you spend time and effort on your application, please note the following:
- You must already have the right to work in New Zealand; we do not consider applications from people who are overseas and looking for a work visa, and we are not able to provide information about visas.
- You should either be in New Zealand or planning to come within the next three months.
- Any work we may offer will be part-time and fixed-term. For language teachers, this will generally be in the evenings or weekends; you will need another source of income.
- We are approached by hundreds of teachers every year, and only the best are invited to join our team.
- Native-speaker abilities in the target language.
- Very good English.
- Language teaching qualification (from NZ or from your own country).
- Experience teaching your language to non-native speakers, or English to people speaking your language.
- Tertiary-level qualification (preferably a degree).
- Demonstrable interest in language and in language teaching.
- Ability to arouse enthusiasm for your language and culture.
- Proactive focus on exceeding client expectations.
- Desire to go along with and contribute to our brand and image.
Language teachers are engaged to teach a class or an individual for a complete course (but may begin by taking occasional classes).
If you are interested in working for us, please apply online (not via email). As our records are held electronically, it is not necessary to mail or drop off your paper CV (yes, we’re environmentally-friendly too).
Opportunities arise from time to time; applications are accepted from local students and foreign students with the right to work in New Zealand.
- Desire and willingness to work for experience rather than pay.
- Interest in languages and business.
- Good computer skills.
- Event management skills.
- Very good spoken and written English.
- Availability for at least two months.