Bienvenue au français!
Welcome to the French language – and to French language courses with Euroasia!
Why learn French?
- Together with English and Spanish, French is one of the most international of European languages, spoken in all the continents of the world.
- French was for centuries the international language of diplomacy and culture; it’s still important in those fields.
- The French-speaking world has contributed an enormous number of great artists, writers, philosophers and scientists.
- France has a large economy with a huge international presence. A lot of French companies have branches in New Zealand.
- Young Kiwis can go and work in France, Belgium or Canada for one year under a working holiday scheme. A knowledge of French would obviously make a huge difference to anyone’s job prospects.
- France itself has an incredible variety of scenery, from the rugged Atlantic coast, to the beautiful central valleys, to the Alps, to the Mediterranean landscapes of the south. It offers great opportunities for outdoor activities.
- French cities are active, busy places, where there is always a lot going on. They have a unique café culture, and there are great opportunities for cinema, theatre, eating out and clubbing.
- French cuisine is world-renowned, and French is still the international language of cooking, so at least a smattering of the French language is useful for chefs and food enthusiasts.
- If France seems a long way off, New Caledonia and French Polynesia are more accessible holiday destinations. And they are very French! Even a limited knowledge of the French language can enrich and enliven your tropical holiday.
- Much like speakers of English, French speakers tend not to be very enthusiastic about speaking other languages, so in France, for example, there is no guarantee you will find someone prepared to speak to you in English!
French 510 sessionsBy the end of this course, you will be able to refer to future and past events and describe some of these in sequence; your range of vocabulary will have increased to include some areas outside the everyday.Read moreFrom $399.00
French 610 sessionsBy the end of this course, you will have significantly enhanced your ability to use French in daily life. You will be speaking with greater confidence, and will be able to discuss a wider range of topics.Read moreFrom $399.00
French Advanced10 sessionsBy the end of this course, you will have mastered the basics of the language, both grammar and vocabulary; you will have learnt enough either to go off to a country where French is spoken and pick it up there, or possibly to embark upon more formal study.Read moreFrom $399.00
French 1 Weekend Immersion2 daysWeekend full immersion course for beginners, focusing on practical French skills which are useful for travelers and businesspeople. Build your confidence and make the most of your dealings with French speakers. No previous knowledge of the language is required. By the end of the weekend, you will be able to conduct some small talk: introduce yourself, talk about your family and your job. A great introduction to the French language and culture.Read moreFrom $149.00
French Individual Classes15 hoursTeaching on a one-to-one basis means we can provide the kind of teaching you require and at your pace. Individual teaching is available either at our centre or at a location to suit you. Individual teaching can also be done via the internet.Read moreFrom $1,275.00