Welcome to the Japanese language – and to Japanese language courses with Euroasia!
Why learn Japanese?
- Japan is one of New Zealand’s key trading partners, and offers great opportunities for Japanese speakers.
- Many young Kiwis go to Japan every year under a working holiday scheme, often as teachers of English, for which there is a huge demand. Knowing enough Japanese to get around is a great benefit.
- Japan is of crucial importance for New Zealand tourism, with huge numbers of Japanese tourists visiting the country every year, many of them with very limited English.
- Many of us have had or will have young Japanese language students staying in our homes; now is the chance to find out a little about their language and culture.
- A lot of young Kiwis have Japanese partners: this could be the chance to understand them a little better – or to learn something to say to the prospective in-laws!
- Japan is a diverse and fascinating country, with a unique culture. Even a limited knowledge of the Japanese language can provide insights into this society.
- Although nearly all Japanese now learn English at school, many are reluctant to speak it to foreigners, so if you go to Japan, you cannot rely on finding someone to explain things for you in English!
- The Japanese way of running business, enterprise and society in general has been widely studied, and many people visit the country to find out more.
Japanese 110 sessionsA first taste of the Japanese language, this course is for complete beginners.No previous knowledge of the language is required. By the end of this course, you will already know enough to get by in Japanese: you will be able to cope with the most common everyday situations by asking and answering simple questions, and you will be able to understand people when they speak to you about the situations covered.Read moreFrom $399.00
Japanese 210 sessionsThis course follows our beginner’s course or assumes previous basic knowledge of the language, (for example, self-introductions, talking about your family, names of foods, shopping, asking for directions, etc.) By the end of this course, you will have expanded the range of situations which you are able to handle in Japanese, and you will have begun to learn some basic grammar points; you can expect to be understanding more of what people say, and growing in your confidence to respond appropriately.Read moreFrom $399.00
Japanese 310 sessionsBy the end of this course, you will be able to say more about your professional and social life; you will be able to use the phone and write simple messages; you will also have a reasonable feel for the main patterns of the language.Read moreFrom $399.00
Japanese 410 sessionsBy the end of this course, you will be able to talk in Japanese about travel and a range of outdoor leisure activities; generally, you will be handling most everyday situations and also understanding a lot of native speakers in these contexts.Read moreFrom $399.00
Japanese 510 sessionsLevel 5 - By the end of this course, you will be able to refer to future and past events in Japanese and describe some of these in sequence; your range of Japanese vocabulary will have increased to include some areas outside the everyday.Read moreFrom $399.00
Japanese 610 sessionsLevel 6 - By the end of this course, you will have mastered the basics of the Japanese language, both grammar and vocabulary; you will have learnt enough either to go off to a country where Japanese is spoken and pick it up there, or possibly to embark upon more formal study.Read moreFrom $399.00
Japanese Advanced10 sessionsBy the end of this course, you will have mastered the basics of the language, both grammar and vocabulary; you will have learnt enough either to go off to a country where Japanese is spoken and pick it up there, or possibly to embark upon more formal study.Read moreFrom $399.00
Japanese Individual Classes15 hoursTeaching on a one-to-one basis means we can provide the kind of teaching you require and at your pace. Individual teaching is available either at our centre or at a location to suit you. Individual teaching can also be done via the internet.Read moreFrom $1,275.00