Hwan yeong hab ni da!
Why learn Korean?
• Although Korean is not really a world language, it is a very important Asian language, and it is spoken by quite large communities here in New Zealand.
• Korean companies have achieved worldwide prominence in fields such as car production, manufacturing and electronics, and many of these companies are represented here in New Zealand.
• Korea is not widely known as a tourist destination, but it has a rich and ancient culture, quite distinct from those of Japan and China, and people who have visited Korea have been impressed by the places of historical and artistic interest; it is also very diverse scenically.
• Korea has its own distinctive cuisine, also completely different from those of Japan and China.
• Korean cities are bustling places quite unlike New Zealand cities; they are great for shopping, with opportunities ranging from huge department stores to colourful street markets.
• A lot of opportunities exist for Kiwis to go and work in Korea, especially as English teachers. There is a working holiday scheme with Korea for people under the age of 30. A knowledge of the Korean language before you go will be of great benefit.
• Many New Zealanders will have had Korean students staying in their homes. Now is the opportunity to find out more about their language and culture!
• Kiwis are quite likely to find themselves living next to or working with Koreans, and may well form friendships with Korean people; some may have Korean partners.
Korean Advanced10 sessionsBy the end of this course, you will have mastered the basics of the language, both grammar and vocabulary; you will have learnt enough either to go off to a country where Korean is spoken and pick it up there, or possibly to embark upon more formal study.Read moreFrom $399.00
Korean Individual Classes15 hoursTeaching on a one-to-one basis means we can provide the kind of teaching you require and at your pace. Individual teaching is available either at our centre or at a location to suit you. Individual teaching can also be done via the internet.Read moreFrom $1,275.00
Korean Taster Lessons1 hourIf you've always wanted to learn the Korean language, maybe this is the time to give it a go! Check out our Korean language taster courses. We are confident you will enjoy the lesson. However, if for any reason you're not satisfied, we will give you your money back!Read moreFree